We have seen a lot lately about the high risk industries in this country like worm farming and the growing of lavender but the nuts and bolts of the legislation needs to be understood and so here is an outline of what it is:
The Bill is divided into five Parts:
- Part 1 Health and Safety at Work
- Part 2 Health and Safety Duties
- Part 3 Worker engagement, participation and representation
- Part 4 Enforcement and other matters
- Part 5 Miscellaneous provisions
- Schedule 1 Transition and savings provisions
- Schedule 1A Health and safety representatives and health and safety committees
- Schedule 2 Health and Safety in mining sector
- Schedule 2A Provisons relating to classified security information
- Schedule 3 Consequential amendments
As the industry delves into the legislation and interprets the impact on the industry then more information will come to light.
In the meantime it is recommended to look at the transitional provisions in Schedule 1.
The PECPR is to be treated as a Regulation under this legislation and may be amended or revoked accordingly, so watch this space.
Approved Codes of Practice remain in fore until they are amended or revoked.
Exemptions granted under the Health and safety Act 1992 remain in force including any limitations or conditions imposed on that exemption.
If you believe that we, as an Association, should be addressing any issues that you feel are detrimental to our industry then by all means contact the executive office.