Employment Opportunities in the Crane Industry
This page is for people looking for employment opportunities within the crane sector and associated services. Jobs will be posted on here for one month or until advised the position has been filled.
Applicants should contact the company that is advertising the position.
Information for Crane Operators Returning from Overseas
Returning from overseas and want to know if your overseas qualifications are valid?
Your overseas qualifications are not recognized in New Zealand, however your skills and competency are.
It is recommended that you firstly seek an employer; see here for a list of potential employees or apply for a position listed below.
Secondly, request a competency assessment from the potential employer. This will show the employer that you know your stuff and have the practical skills to do the job.
Thirdly, Have your potential employer register you for New Zealand qualifications.
See here for training matters
Want an Uplifting role?
Mt Maunganui, Full Time, Transport
Please Quote Reference Number 57807
National Sales Manager, Allcrane Sales & Services Ltd
Allcrane Sales and Services Ltd imports, distributes and services a range of products which include:
- Tadano All Terrain, Rough Terrain, Truck Mounted, Hydraulic Crawler Cranes & Elevated Work Platforms
- FASSI Knuckle boom cranes and Marine cranes
- JEKKO Mini Crawler cranes, Vacuum lifting attachments, material manipulators
- Marrel, ATIB & Amplirol, CTS Hooklifts
- Cormach Knuckle booms
- Fabercom Radio Remote controls
- Euromec Hydraulic attachments
Allcrane Sales and Services Ltd is Mt Wellington based, and we promote sales of a range of lifting equipment & provide product support to customers throughout New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Due to growth and internal promotion we are looking for the expertise of a motivated National Sales Manager with the ability to work as part of our dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of four years secondary education or professional qualification.
- 5 years of proven experience in a Sales role.
- Good understanding of and relevant hands on experience in the Cranes & Hooklifts, heavy machinery industry.
Knowledge & Skills
- Competent interpretation and consultation/staff education of load and radius charts and assessment of suitability of crane products for customer applications.
- Competent with computer and manual programs and engineering models which design transport equipment with regard to weight distribution, axle loadings and wheelbase detail.
- Competent with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Competent with accounting and inventory management software for invoice processing, project costing, stock ordering and inventory control.
- Good financial understanding, able to read and interpret monthly reports.
- Planning and time-management skills.
- Facilitation, networking and relationship building skills.
- Problem-solving and mediation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and manage/supervise a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to manage a sales territory and achieve targets.
- Skilled in “cold calling”, business development, and closing sales.
- Negotiation skills.
- Health and safety experience.
- Ability to travel frequently, nationally and internationally when required.
To apply, please send your application to All Crane: email.
Applications close on Sunday 9 June 2019, 5pm.